Looking for that perfect job?
Look on the SMPS Nashville Job Posting resource page:
Need to hire the perfect candidate?
You can advertise your job opening on the SMPS Nashville Job Posting resource page:
Job Title: Retail Support Specialist
Department: Information Technology
Reports to (Job Title): Manager of Network and Operations
Supervises (Job Titles): None
Salary Grade: (add when the grades are available)
Number of People Supervised: 0
If Number Varies Based on Fluctuating Operation Needs,
The Retail Support Specialist will analyze operations and assist in the design, development, documentation, testing or modification of corporate and retail computer systems. In addition the Retail Support Specialist will assist in the implementation, maintenance, troubleshooting and user support of computer-related hardware and software.
1. Work independently to utilize technology to improve retail business processes and procedures.
2. Independently manage projects and resources maintaining company point of sale system and perform testing and troubleshooting.
3. Analyze IT inventories, Work Order System, and departmental processes and recommend changes to procedures, systems and policies.
4. Review Retail Management System worksheets.
5. Provide weekly, monthly and yearly reports to include Work Order Metric, system and helpdesk inventory.
6. Perform network administrative duties including backup/restore, add new users, etc.
7. Manage the installation of retail hardware, retail software, new network services and troubleshoot network related issues.
8. Install, maintain and troubleshoot computer hardware and software.
9. Assist in the training of end-users in the use of technology hardware and software. To communicate and work with IT subordinates helping them resolve hardware and software problems.
10. Periodically perform technician on-call duties to resolve after-hours and weekend system outages and trouble request.
11. Coordinate project activities with other IT staff and user departments.
12. Perform any other duties, as required to accomplish the IT Department mission.
13. Participate in On-Call Rotation
14. Be knowledgeable of and comply with all company policies and procedures, as well as legal requirements, at all times.
15. Regular, reliable attendance, as defined in Goodwill’s attendance policy.
16. Other duties as assigned by management.
1. Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science/Information Technology, Engineering, Business Administration or equivalent previous work experience is required.
1. One year experience analyzing operations and data and making recommendations is required.
2. One year experience in planning and managing projects and business process improvements is required.
Knowledge and Skills
1. Basic understanding of data normalization and relational databases.
2. Knowledge of computer hardware and software.
3. MS Windows knowledge and troubleshooting skills.
4. Networking knowledge and troubleshooting skills.
5. Demonstrates strong interpersonal and communication skills, verbal and written, required to build and maintain strong working relationships with all levels of staff within our agency.
6. Solid understanding of IT departmental policies and procedures.
7. Strong organizational and administrative skills to set up and recommend changes.
8. Demonstrated technical knowledge to understand the department workflow and to aid in communications with both internal IT staff and our customers.
Certifications and Licenses
Valid Tennessee Driver License
Preferred Education / Experience / Knowledge & Skills / Certifications & License
1. A+, MCDST, HDI Soft skills, and MCP certification preferred.