Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Why I Started A Blog...

Friends, you may know that I am a recruiter for Northwestern Mutual in Franklin, TN and recruit career changers to become Financial Representatives.  These people will eventually become Financial Advisors/Planners.  I will probably interview 260-270 people in 2011 to recruit and select 12 high quality people!

That said, I have to maintain high activity goals each month:  I will speak with appx 50 people per month on the phone about the career, interview 22 of them, introduce the top 7 to my managing director all so we can select one person. 

To make that happen each month, I feel that I have become more of a professional networker than a recruiter because that is how I spend most of my work time which I enjoy immensely!  Through my networking efforts, I let people know I am a recruiter and often business owners, managers or people with hiring power will tell me about jobs and career opportunities to keep an ear to the ground for a top notch person.  \

I started to type up the details of all of these jobs opportunities in a long Microsoft Word document that I have emailed around to many job hunters, but people kept saying I should blog them.  Well, it took me 10 months to finally do it so here it is.  I feel it would be worth my time if just one person got a job because they found out about it on this blog! 

Happy job hunting,
Karah

No comments:

Post a Comment